Monday, February 22, 2010

Jaxon















You know, since the day Jaxon was born people told me he looked just like his dad. I refused to believe it. Oh, I know he does look more like Jared than me. But I comforted myself with the knowledge that he had "Oldroyd" ears. Yup, that is about all the Oldroyd he has in him. He acts like his dad, walks like his dad, talks like his dad, wants to be his dad, and yes, finally HERE in this picture, I can totally see his dad in him. Crazy - makes me wonder, "Am I really his mother?" It has been 12 years, the memory is getting a bit vague. Funny thing is before he was born I was afraid I would never get a blue-eyed child. (Jared's eyes are blue, mine are brown. Everyone knows brown is dominant.) Now I have to say I am so grateful to have a child that looks like my handsome husband. (Even if I am not really present in him pretty much at all.) :)

2 comments:

  1. My cute Jake just looked at this picture and I asked him, "Who is that?" and he said "Jaxon". And I said, "Who does he look like?" And, he looked at me wrinkled up his nose and said, "Jaxon". Like I was an idiot! Who else would he look like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I wish I could have been there. I can completely see the look Jake might have given you at such a crazy question- his blue eyes with a look of 'duh, Mom' in them. Such cute kids! (You might hate exactly how cute they all are once they start dating, but remember it isn't their fault... exceptional genetics really.) :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers