Monday, February 8, 2010

Cambodia!

Phnom Penh, Cambodia! Seems so surreal and so far away. Yet Jared's parents are headed there today! They went into the MTC one week ago and now are flying out. It is such an awesome experience and yet so unbelievable. It definitely became real yesterday for me, when we didn't have our traditional Fast Sunday dinner. We have always met at Jeff & Ilene's for dinner and I haven't had to worry about cooking something. I guess I better get used to the idea for awhile.
The kids are already missing them, wondering how they are, what they are doing. Luckily, they have a blog and are great at emailing us (that is where I got the cool picture of them pointing to the map).
About a week before they left, we all went to the Manti Temple together one last time, so there we are, Jared's family minus Garrison. We will miss them and have already felt the effects of their being gone. Hopefully we will survive. :) No, really I know we will and I know we will be blessed by their service. (Thanks for the picture Emily).
Pretty far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers