Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Month to Month Challenge - January

So, January is gone - I can't believe it. I thought for sure it would never end at one point, but as usual the minute I have that thought, I blink my eyes and POOF time is gone.
Anyway, I decided about 1/2way through the month that this year I am going to give every month a theme. Some way to challenge myself for that particular month. So, for January I decided it would be "Try Something New Month". So that is what I did, tried to do things in a different way or something I never thought I would be interested in, etc. It was really pretty fun! I do think of myself as quite open-minded when it comes to different activities, I usually don't snub something unless I have tried it, or it is stupid, against what I should do, etc. You get the point.
So, some of the things I did this month are; exercise (at least 2x a week), tried making new foods like candy again (haven't done that in awhile), read two different books (usually don't find time to read any), I have tried to blog more regularly and have read others blogs, re-arranged the furniture in the living room, & some other things you can see in the following pictures. (I am sure I tried other things as well, just can't remember them right now & if I wait til I do remember, this post will never get published! And I know we all don't want that! So I guess that is another one! I tried to procrastinate less and be more active - I even cleaned the kids bathroom and took a bath, haven't done that in a few months either. And before I get any snide comments, I shower!:))
I decided to take the tree down in January, before Sara's bday (19th), which is my usual goal. Note: I did NOT like this one, thus, the downstairs tree is STILL up, but before any of you rush over here to help me take it down, please know I am planning on taking it down today - if Josh will let me!
I made breakfast one morning! Jainie woke up and found me in the kitchen & was so perplexed she asked me, "Mommy, is it my birthday?" Josie laughed hysterically. (For those of you who don't know, it is a Thalman tradition to have breakfast in bed on their birthdays; which is obviously pretty much the only time my kids get anything besides cereal that they dish up themselves). :) The sad thing is that you can see it wasn't even that wonderful of a breakfast, but in my defense, we also had hot cocoa!:)
Another thing I tried, which I am not too fond of but life makes it a necessity, is taking pictures of the kids school stuff and then throwing it away. And, now that I think of it, maybe I should have just folded this up and put it in his 6th grade folder. Shoot! Anyway, Jaxon's science project on H1N1 - we did tear a couple things off to save.
Last but not least, my latest obsession - Zoo World on Facebook. I don't recommend you trying it. It is highly contagious! (But I am moving up pretty quickly, I think this picture is of my 2nd island, now I have 4 - one of which is uninhabited.)
So, there you go. A few things that I tried new in January. It made it a bit more exciting for me besides the normal to do. So, if you are feeling a bit blah, I would suggest you try to think of something new and give it a shot!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go, Janna! Sounds like you're really coming out of your shell. And, btw, you look super young in that Christmas tree picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa Janna! Sounds like quite the month. I can't wait to see what February's "theme" is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say "ZOO WORLD" ??? Really, we better fill up your time with Zumba!! I agree with Steffanie about the tree pic. I thought it was you when you were young until I looked closely. lol. Love the blog and the witty Janna

    ReplyDelete

Followers