Thursday, March 4, 2010

BIRTHDAY BOY!

Happy 6th birthday to Jake Jake.
 I can't believe he is that old. But, he assures me that he is. How does time go by so fast?
This is one of the earlier pictures I can find.  (The baby ones I would need a scanner for so if anyone has a great scanner they would recommend, I would love to hear about it!)
Jaxon, Jake and Josie one Christmas Eve, when he was 2.  Josh was pouting on the bed. :)
His presents from Grandma Judy, she was gone on his bday so he got to open one a day for awhile.  He absolutely LOVED it.  Every morning he would wake up, get dressed, eat breakfast and read his book so he could open his present.  I am thinking of instilling this practice every morning.  I just need to find little cheap things to wrap.  It was fabulous!
Jake & Jainie love playing together while the other kids are at school.  This year they have gotten to be quite good friends.  And sliding down the stairs in sleeping bags is always a hit!
Kids crack me up.  Just the other day I decided to take Jake and Jainie up to Provo to do some shopping.  They were wonderful!  I didn't get much accomplished but I seldom do.  One thing I did do was buy myself some chocolates, because I LOVE them!  At the store I got a free sample of something with nuts so, of course, I didn't eat it.  On the way home, after Jake woke up from his nap, I happened to be eating a chocolate and so he asked if he could have one.  I was carefully nibbling on mine, savoring every little bite.  I decided to do what every good mother would do and give Jake the one with the nuts.  After I handed it to him, I turned and concentrated on the road, but not a minute later, I looked in the rearview mirror and asked how his was and this is the look I got.  I thought it was so funny that I grabbed the camera and got this picture.  This is why kids crack me up - they don't care if you give them a delectable chocolate from a chocolate store or whether you give them a chocolate you found on the road.  It's all chocolate to them.  They just shove it in and chomp away.  And, consequently, that is why my children are not picky eaters.  I give them everything I don't want (because I am a picky eater that is quite a bit) which has made them not so picky.  They love all the things I hate; eggs, nuts, seafood, venison, even dark chocolate.  Unfortunately, they still do love sweets and cheese, two of my favorites, so we do have some sharing to do. :)
Happy Birthday cute boy!  I hope I love Jake 6 as much as I love Jake 5!

2 comments:

  1. OH! Super cute post. 6 does seem so old, doesn't it?
    Love the pics. Gma told us about the 'present a day' plan, such a cute idea.

    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Janna- this post is fabulous. I love all the pics and your writing. I agree with Brooke- 6 does seem awfully old for Jake-Jake. So fun to come home and play games this weekend by the way- i always love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers