Sunday, March 28, 2010

MMMMM CAKE!!!

I am not much of a cake fan - I like cupcakes. I love cookies and most pastries (unless they have some healthy thing in them, like raisins or carrots). But, cake, well, it is just okay. But this cake, oh boy, it is a different story - I absolutely love it! It is from a bakery in Salt Lake called Glaus. It is their half and half cake. I discovered it when Jared and I lived up there and have not had it for about 10+ years. Too long! I got to go up and have a girls weekend with my mom and sisters and they live so close to the bakery, we got to go and pick one up.   I knew Jared wouldn't be too happy about it, it is kind of expensive, this size was $25.99 - but so worth it. Anyway, that is why I decided I had better have them write on the cake just for him. Oh, the ways we learn to pacify our husbands. :)  I wish you could all have a piece, but alas, it is all gone - devoured.  And, my kids didn't get too much.  So, here's to you cake, lucky for my waistline I don't live closer BUT hopefully I will get more before 10 more years passes.  :)
Oh, and doesn't Jared look so handsome holding MY cake - thinking it is his. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Jared does look good - but the cake looks even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum I want a piece. I really do love cake!!!!
    Nice trick, I'm going to have to remember that one! HA!

    ReplyDelete

Followers