Saturday, March 13, 2010

From headgear to braces - what a life!

Jaxon has had his headgear for a couple years now. In fact, so long that it doesn't really fit his cute chubby cheeks anymore. He is definitely ready to get rid of it. Jared & I are ready for that as well (the constant battles of telling him to wear it are exhausting).  There is a picture that hung in my dad's office the entire time I was growing up.  It was of 2 people with headgear kissing.  I loved it.  I wanted it for my room, I thought it was soooo romantic.  (I think it hangs in his Manti office now).  So I thought it was awesome that both Jaxon and Josie got to have headgear (what I always wanted).  Luckily, none of the kissing moments ever happened to Jaxon and hopefully will not to Josie.  Still, I think it is cute.

So cute, right?
Jake and Jainie were completely mesmerized by the entire experience.  It really was pretty fun to watch.  I think Jake and Jainie might just grow up to be in the dental field.
This is where the brackets are actually being placed on each tooth.  He only has braces on the top; and then a couple teeth, the canines, don't have them yet.  (They are not in far enough yet).  This is my dad, of course, putting them on.  He is the best orthodontist in the world.  I am very grateful to have him.
So, here is the finished product.  He got them on Thursday and is already feeling more comfortable in them.  I think he looks adorable.  I have always thought kids/teens look darling in braces.  Really.  My sister Sara had hers on probably longer than she needed to because I tried to convince people how cute she looked with them on - I think it made her nervous to get them off.  Then, when she got them off,  I told her she looked cuter with them on.  What an awesome sister, I know you are thinking that.  :)  And I am.  Anyway, he looks so cute and our next change is glasses.  Wow, I am getting old.  But, I guess it is worth it with such great kids.

8 comments:

  1. First of all- you liked that picture? I remember staring at it and thinking that it was absolutely impossible- there's no way lips could touch without those things getting seriously locked together in awkwardness.
    Second, you're kids are absolutely adorable, no headgears needed.. :)
    Thirdly, I can't believe Jaxi is old enough for braces.
    Fourthly, and lastly, you are an awesome sister- I totally agree. Thanks for all the complexes you handed down the line along with your clothes, dolls, and massive earrings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way- Jake and Jainie would be fabulous orthodontists and dad would love it. He's been wanting one in the family for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linds, I think it would be faster if you just married one! That could help you narrow the field a little, give you some direction! :) (speaking of complexes!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. K. This makes ME feel old. I remember when I got my braces on. And for the record...I hated them!!!!!

    PS Jaxon sure is growing up!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have a complex about it Janna. Don't do it to your own kids. I hope Jaxon and Josie get you back for these pics somehow--like posting your watermelon outfit. Your blog is awesome--got to read it more often. Very very witty, as I expected. -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. My watermelon outfit is stinkin' awesome. That would only show people my unique sense of style at a young age - ands my kids love these pics. Apparently I need to be nicer to you and you (Sara and Linds) - you both take what I say way too seriously. I am used to be ignored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is where the brackets are actually being placed on each tooth. He only has braces on the top; and then a couple teeth, the canines, don't have them yet. (They are not in far enough yet). This is my dad, of course, putting them on. He is the best orthodontist in the world. I am very grateful to have him. headgear braces

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this information! We are a Chinese leading orthodontic material manufacturer located in the capital of Zhejiang Province, P.R. China. Our products are self ligating brackets, orthodontic wax, orthodontic headgear.

    Thanks,
    Sinoortho

    ReplyDelete

Followers