Wednesday, March 31, 2010

100!

This is Jake's first ever time writing to 100. He came home with this blank paper looking so defeated. He said this was his homework and it would take him too long to actually write to 100 - "I mean, who can do that anyway, Mom?" Luckily, Grandma was here and convinced him to start with her.  (You can see he could care less which way the numbers go. He really does know and can do it if he concentrates but that is the thing - Jake doesn't concentrate. He has the shortest attention span of all my kids put together. He has a very difficult time focusing, he still doesn't like to watch a movie all the way through without doing something else at the same time.   I think it is great! - for some things. It is nice that he is active, always outside playing and if he is inside, he is usually playing the Wii. However, he doesn't just play, he jumps and slides and shakes his hands, always moving!  I think it is adorable. If he were my first, I would probably be worried, that is the beauty of not being first, I guess. Now I just think it is endearing.)  Anyway, back to the story, he finally finished his 100 and then declared, "Wowee, I am like the smartest Kindergartener ever!" I just smiled and nodded. Why can't we all be so proud of ourselves?

1 comment:

Followers