Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Guess who's SIX?

Jainie Elizabeth Belle 
I can't believe my little chippy is 6 years old.  She is such a little squirt.  Just yesterday I was eating a piece of fudge and she looks at me with questioning eyes and says, "Mom, are you sure you need that?"  So, I looked at her and said, "What do you mean?"  She replied, "Well, you know it will just make you bigger" as she pats her tummy.  Well, I didn't even know what to say, I just laughed.  Keep in mind I am 7 1/2 months pregnant.  The nerve of some people.  At least she keeps me on my toes.  Jared too.  She is always telling him what he needs to do better.  

On Jainie's real birthday we woke up to a breakfast in bed - a Thalman tradition.  My problem is that I like to sleep a bit more in mornings so I am telling you it is a real sacrifice to wake up and get the breakfast made.  I think since Jared brought this tradition along he should be the one to wake up and make breakfast, but I am a wonderful, caring, supportive wife (just ask him :)) so I ALWAYS get the breakfast making job.  :)  Usually I do not look too spectacular because I literally pull myself out of bed and drag myself to the kitchen.  
She LOVES pop-tarts, who doesn't?, and hot chocolate and pink lemonade.  I tried to make the pancake into the shape of a "6" because Jared and I had her convinced that we thought she was turning 5.  She was a bit worried about it, so I wanted to show her we knew how old she really was even if we aren't happy about it.
 Good morning baby girl!
 The kids all know that the first and usually only present they get to open in the morning ends up being clothes - something new to wear for the day.  Doesn't everyone like wearing something new for their special day.  Jainie was thrilled with every single present.  This one was a church outfit with this cute unicorn purse.  Unicorns are one of her favorite animals.
And, her new fancy hair flower - which she loves.
We don't have church til 1:00, so after waking up, she decided to work on her poster for school.  We worked on this poster for days - she loved it.  (I don't have any pictures in her school, but I went in and showed a couple pictures of her and then the kids got to ask her questions, we explained her poster and then she wanted cupcakes - blue and pink - so every girl got pink and every boy got blue whether they wanted it or not.)

This was one of her favorite presents - she and I have been working on it for a year!  We finally finished her Disneyworld book - she chose the pictures and told me what to write for the whole thing.  Initially, each child was supposed to get one, but these are a lot of work.  I told Jaxon, Josie and Josh they could choose their own pictures and put them in a file and then I would help them.  And, I told Jake that I would start with Jainie's then move to his - this is as far as I got.  It is super cute though, wish I would have done more. She hasn't changed a lot, has she?
After we got home from church, Grandpa Thalman, Grandma, and Garrison came over to visit and Jainie loved showing them her book.  Notice her bun - she loves having long enough hair to have one - even though it is sparse.  :)

Jainie's favorites:
                          Color: pink
                          Animal: unicorn and giraffe
                          Friend:  Malia Moss & Lucas Foster
                          Book:  Big Sister and Little Sister
                          Food:  mac n cheese
                          Movies:  Barbie movies
                          Princess:  Ariel & Belle
                          Thing to do:  draw!
                          Thing about her birthday:  opening presents and getting cake!
She really is a joy in our lives and I am grateful everyday that she is a part of our family.  She definitely keeps us all on our toes and will tell us exactly what she thinks.  We couldn't survive without her.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers