Friday, January 13, 2012

A bit of Thankfulness

Just a few pics of Thanksgiving - which is an interesting holiday for me.  I hated it growing up but now I find it is beginning to be one of my favorite holidays, so relaxed and you just sit and enjoy the wonderful family that you have.  I must admit doing the dishes afterward isn't my favorite.  But, I rarely do much of them.  Jared and I have been VERY spoiled living by family so we have never hosted a Thanksgiving dinner - I have only cooked turkey about 3 times ever.  I keep thinking I better practice up, someday my kids will expect me to know how to do these things!  Good New Year's Resolution, I guess - learn how to cook turkey.  :)  
Jainie and Jake were lucky enough to sit by Grandma Lois - who makes the BEST homemade rolls - I am sure mine will never compare.

The boy table - C.J., Ethan, Joshi, Jaxon, Caleb, and Garrison (without Jake, Gavin, & Nathan)

The fun table - with Grandpa, Grandma, Grandma Lois, Jake, Jainie, Adelynn, Tricia, and Emma

 The big girls table - with Madison, Josie, Lauryn, and Audrey

The sibling/spouse table - you can see Tom, Emily, Allie, Trent, Debbie, Nathan and Julia  Plus, Trevor, Leslie, Alexis' head and Judd

This side you see - Katie, Brett, Leslie, Alexis, Trevor, Alissa and Gavin

I do have to say that I didn't try to get everyone to pay attention during these pictures, just snapped some random photos - I was lucky I got this much done.  They are great, right?

I am sure Jared won't like this picture - but I love it, you don't see him laugh like this that often, especially when it's not me who says something downright hilarious!  :)  Glad to see he is enjoying himself.

So, later we went to my parents house to play games and have leftovers - you can see it looks like we don't run a heater here.  :)  Dad, Lindsay, Sara, and Ry.

Anyway, Happy late Thanksgiving - if we could just keep that happy family feeling all year long it would be wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers