Sunday, November 27, 2011

THIRTEEN

Talents.  Today I am grateful for my talents and the talents of my children and the talents of others.  Definitely one thing I try to teach  my children is that everyone has talents - no matter who or what circumstances they are in.  Just because one thing comes easy to you and not as easy to someone else, that doesn't mean you are better than they are.  On the other hand, if you have to work hard at something and someone else doesn't have to try at all, that doesn't mean they are better than you.  That is the beauty of people - we all have strengths and weaknesses and if we can appreciate each other for those, then we will live in a better world and we will be better individuals.
Josie, Joshua, and Jacob all take piano and they had their recital this year in November.  It was actually quite refreshing - fun to go when nothing else is planned - it was on the 6th.  They each did a great job, didn't need their music, and were brave to get up in front of so many people.
Jake was up first - actually 4th in the recital - but he was sooo nervous!  It was crazy, he was flipping around, crying, insisting that he didn't want to play or do any piano anymore.  He has usually loved going to piano.  I have decided that he is VERY bashful - he does not like people looking at him.  I had to walk up with him/ drag him and then stand by him for both of his songs, which were: "Two Black Cats" and "Mary had a Little Lamb."  This was Jake's first year of piano so he had only taken for a couple of months.  He liked it when it was all over - that is when this picture was taken.  His piano teacher gave him his own piano bag that she had sewn, which he thought was awesome.  What a kid!

Joshua was quite a few numbers later - this is probably his 4th recital - he played, "Minuet" and "The Medallion Calls" from "Pirates of the Carribbean."  He did a great job!  He was nervous too, but definitely displays it in a different way.  He sat on the front row by his friends and deals with everything internally.  It amazes me how different each of my children is in so many ways when they have all been raised the same way.

Josie was 2nd to last - she played, "Minuet in G" by Beethoven and "Popular" from "Wicked".  It was great!  She practiced really well the last couple weeks before the  recital - she was definitely the most prepared.  It was great.  She just sits and waits her turn and gets really giggly when she is nervous.

We were lucky to have our whole family there and Grandpa and Grandma Oldroyd and Grandpa and Grandma Thalman also came to support us.  I wish I would've snapped a picture, I have been a bit too complacent with picture taking lately.

They all did a wonderful job and I am so proud of them - I remember how hard it is to get up and play in front of so many people.  Jaxon quit playing about a year ago, it was and is sad - he was getting pretty good but I just couldn't handle the fight any longer.  I hope someday he will come back to it.  I love the piano and the accomplishment you feel when you finally get a song down you have been working on.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers