Friday, October 1, 2010

Tender Mercies & Modern Miracles - Part III

     Okay, so as you can see, we have had our fair share of miracles lately.  But I promise I won't blog about every single one.  It would have to turn into my entire blog.  I would have to change the name of my blog.  So only this one and one more, for now.  Four parts, that's not too bad, is it?
     After missing 2 and 1/2 of Jake's soccer games (feeling VERY guilty) and numerous other things I should have been to, I decided it was time to re-enter the world of day planners.  Awhile ago, Jared bought me a Palm pilot, which I did use for a little bit, but I guess I am just a paper and pen kind of girl.  I feel if I write it in something electronic, I will have to figure out where I stored it, whereas with paper, I just look up the date, much easier for my poor old mind.  So, I started looking on the internet, asking around, seeing what anyone else used, etc.  After looking at all of my options here, I decided I had better go up north.  So, having a bee in my bonnet, I packed Jainie up one Monday and off we went.  I had a little to do list, so it would be a busy day, plus I wanted to get home in time for the kids to get home from school.  (I am quite an optimist and really not very realistic - that is what I have Jared for).  
     Anyway, we went to Target at one point and Jainie had had ENOUGH of sitting in the cart.  I wouldn't be directed to drive her where she wanted to go, remember I was on a time schedule, so she finally insisted on getting out and walking.  She is usually very good at staying right with me (you can see where I am going with this, can't you?).  Well, I was looking at storage solutions and she could see the bikes from where we were so after much pleading, begging, whining, I let her go making her promise she would stay right by the bikes.  She was only over there for a few minutes before I went to check on her and she was gone!  I couldn't find her anywhere.  My initial emotion was frustration and anger - where was she?  So, I started calling her name somewhat quietly - there were other shoppers and it was quite embarrassing - who loses their children, you should always keep them with you, right?  Anyway, after about 5 minutes and not finding her, I started calling louder.  Then, I saw this cute little hispanic woman stocking shelves.  So, I went up to her and asked her if she had seen a little blond girl.  She didn't speak much English, so it took me about 5 minutes to help her figure out what was going on.  When she did, she started walking a different direction and we both kept up the search.  I didn't know what else to do.  I had told someone and was looking myself.  I was getting VERY worried.  Where could she be?  
     After searching for at least 10 - 15 minutes, the cute woman helping me found someone who was apparently more in charge than she was.  He came and talked to me, asking me what she was wearing and sent a "Code Yellow" (I think that was the color - I wasn't paying a ton of attention).    Immediately, I heard voices responding, employees all over the store were looking for her, they sent people to both of the exits, and even had people checking the bathrooms.  The nice man guided me to the front of the store saying that they would find her and it would be easier for me to be at the front, when they brought her up.  (This was the hardest part, just standing there, wondering if I should make small talk with this nice guy but wanting to cry and just fall apart).  After another LONG few minutes, a woman responded asking how sure I was of what she was wearing because she was chasing a little girl down in different clothes.  (This is when I really started crying).  I can tell you this, I was SO glad I paid attention to what she had been wearing, a lot of times, I have no idea what they are wearing, today for example, I couldn't tell you one thing the boys have on.  
     It took at least another 5 minutes before someone finally responded that they had found her.  So, the nice man and I walked to where she would be able to see me and then I finally saw her, walking along, without a care in the world, in between 2 Target employees, I was relieved, exhausted, happy, upset, but especially grateful.  We ran to each other and the first thing she asked me was, "Mom, where were you?  How come you were lost?"  She was really upset with me.  
     They had found her in the bedding section.  I never would have looked there.  She said she had gone looking for me and I think she really was worried because she didn't even look at the toys, just walked past them to find me.
     Within 3 days, I almost lost 2 children.  Needless to say, I found a new perspective, a new gratitude for my children, even though they are hard and sometimes drive me crazy.  I was again reminded of the miracle it is to have them.  The trust my Heavenly Father has in me to take care of them, love them, and raise them to be the best people they can be.  I cannot imagine my life without them.  Grateful, once again, that my Heavenly Father watches over us, that I have angels here protecting me and my family.
     And, a special thank you to the wonderful employees of Target, they were amazing.  They did a wonderful job and I am so glad they had this whole process in place for us crazy parents who don't pay as much attention to our kids as we should.  :)
You can see she has attitude - we all love it though.  This is her new picture face, she said sometimes she just doesn't feel like showing her teeth.  :)  We call her "little chippy", it definitely fits.
P.S.  I did end up getting a planner, which I love.  I used it everyday for a week, then couldn't use my fingers, until yesterday, when I started typing again.  But, that is another story, in fact, the next. :)  Oh, and I was home much later than my anticipated time.  But, I am sure you could've guessed that.

1 comment:

  1. Love the football and soccer picts. They are definitely related to their dad. Same face. As Lim would say. Face is 100%. Trent did the same as Jainie only we were at the mall. He was right by me then vanished. Looked all over. Sent out bulletin over loudspeaker. Turns out we were right by the escalator and he hopped on and was taking a tour of the draperies one level above where we were looking.

    ReplyDelete

Followers