Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I could've danced all night

     Both Josie and Jainie LOVE dancing!  I think they would do it all day if they could.  This December they performed twice - once at Christmas Tree Lane and once in "The Nutcracker."  Tap dances at Christmas Tree Lane and ballet, of course, in "The Nutcracker."   It is so much fun to watch them, I love it every time.  
     Josie has danced for years and so this is old hat to her, but this is Jainie's first year.  I was a little nervous for her, wondering if she would be scared to go out on stage, but nope, she is a natural - no problems.  In fact, she was beaming.  After is was over, she kept saying she wanted to go back out and do it again.  Then, the next day, this is how the conversation went.  "Mom, can I ask you a question?"  Me:  "I guess."  Jainie: "What would you say if I told you I wanted to move. . . without you and dad?"  Me:  shocked - "What?  Where do you want to go?"  Jainie:  "I want to back and live on that stage that I danced on."  Me:  giggling - "Well, I don't think they would let you do that and they don't have any food."  Jainie - with obvious disgust for my poor knowledge "Yes, they do mom, I saw some in those machines."  Me - "Fine, let's go talk to dad about it."  Luckily, later, Josie explained to her that you can't live on stages and for "The Nutcracker,"  we won't dance on THAT stage anyway. So, then Jainie was fine.  She just loves the stage.  :)  (Isn't it funny how siblings can so often explain things better than parents can.  A little frustrating really).
Jainie is the tall one in the middle with the bows that don't match. :)  They really did match the little swirls on her
leotard, they just didn't match from the stage - stupid lights! :)  And, yes, she is tall!  Crazy, Josie is usually the small one.  Kids just like to keep us on our toes, I guess.

One of the mom's in Jainie's class brought each of the girls a rose for the first performance.  It was so sweet.  Why don't I ever think of those things?

Jainie wanted to take a "funny" picture, luckily Josie goes along with her corny ideas.  I thought this one was pretty cute though.  Girls, I don't know what I'd do without 'em.

So, this is the Nutcracker.  Josie was a flower and Jainie was a gingerbread girl.  They performed this twice, once the day we got home from Disneyworld - that was a whirlwind - and once a couple days later.  Actually, Jainie was sick the last day or so of vacation and the day we got home, so she only performed it the second time.  They both were adorable!

 A few girls from Jainie's class.  I just love how they still love holding hands together.
Some of Josie's class.  They chose their own outfits and LOVE them.  I think the biggest draw was that they came with their own hanging bag.  Growing up is so fun, isn't it?
 All the cousins together.  There are 2 in each class, which makes it really fun for them.  From left:  Josie, Madison, Lauryn, and Audrey.  Front row:  Jainie, Julia, Tricia, and Emma.  Cute girls and all darling dancers!
 Luckily, for me, another friend remembered to bring flowers for Jainie and Josie here as well.  They were so scrumptious too - there was a sprig of Christmas tree in them and it smelled SO good.
I only wish they weren't growing up so quickly.  STOP!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Love, love, love it. :) And I think it's great that Jainie is perfectly ready in her starting position in the first picture. Typical. And Josie's turnout in the last one is pretty- nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Followers