Monday, January 17, 2011

Tree Hunt

     One of my favorite traditions is going up to find a Christmas tree.  I have always been one of those - "don't want a perfect tree" kind of people.  I like the ones that look like they have sheltered animals and gotten a few "real" parts that aren't so pretty.  But, I do like enough branches to hold all of our ornaments, which is tricky, we have A LOT of ornaments.  I also am the type that likes the tree to be decorated by the kids, no perfection here, it is their tree too.  So, it is usually a little CRAZY looking, but I love it.
     Anyway, we always ask the kids who wants to go with us and who doesn't.  Every year is different.  If they don't want to go, they stay home with Grandma.  This year, my brother, David was here with all of his kids (7) and so everyone except Josh wanted to stay.  I don't blame them, that is a pretty good incentive to stay and play.  However, Sara wanted to go get a tree with us for her house in SLC.  And, she had a friend with her, Laura.  So, the 5 of us jumped in Jared's new truck and headed up the mountain.  The roads weren't too bad and we only got stuck once!  Pretty good.  And, then it wasn't even that stuck.  Jared had to shovel a couple times and push pretty hard while I nervously pushed on the gas in the truck and voila!, we were out!
     Josh was a trooper, I think he liked the one on one time with all the adults.  Sara and Laura walked around trying to have a snowball fight (which they weren't very good at) and Jared and I looked for trees.  Josh mainly walked a few steps then fell face first into the snow and laid there relaxing.  I think he just liked the snow.  But, after a few hours! - yes, it took us a long time, we had our trees.  Yeah!  One more thing done for Christmas!



Josh, Sara, & Laura - pretty crazy people.  But they were really fun to have along.  On the ride home, they asked which Christmas songs we hate.  How absurd!  Who hates Christmas songs?  But, Sara and Laura each had one they despised.  Laura's was "Last Christmas" and Sara's was "Merry Christmas Darling," which luckily FM100 plays on a consistent basis over Christmas so every time I heard it after that, I would call her and let her listen to a snippet.  I think she really enjoyed that!  :)  Only single people with too much time on their hands think of hating Christmas songs, good grief, the whole spirit of Christmas is LOVING!

3 comments:

  1. haha Love the pics and the last caption especially. You totally crack me up Banan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Banan I've hated that song since my childhood...when I was innocent and non-judgmental and not really single since it wasn't an option to be otherwise. Throw up in my mouth.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to be another sister leaving a message on your blog! So I can't throw snowballs very well and I hate a Christmas song. What? If you were being honest with yourself you'd realize you hate those two songs as well. Ugh. Throw up in Sara's mouth. Gross.

    ReplyDelete

Followers