Friday, June 4, 2010

Some of my new Favorites!

Well, summer is here - and that for me means less blogging time!  However, today I decided to let the laundry go, the dishes go, well, the whole house really and BLOG!  But, just a quick one.  I did just import my pictures and there are 823 pictures filing in - that is a lot to blog about.  But, my priorities are in order - first things first, let's start with . . . not the kids, not the hubby, not the weather, or the flowers, but MY FAVORITES! ;)lol
So, here goes, just some of my new favorite things, some of the things I cannot do without at this time of my life.
These are the BEST tortillas ever! Well, not necessarily this brand, although I do love it, but refrigerated uncooked tortillas. They are much better than regular ones and so so easy!  Really if you haven't tried them, you should!
Now, I take the tortillas and make Lime Chicken Tacos with them.  We use our fresh Bountiful Baskets produce and voila! a meal everyone enjoys (even Joshua).  :)
Lindsay got a grill for her birthday and ever since has been making WONDERFUL things on it.  She came home and for Memorial Day and made us this pizza - on the grill.  It was delicious!  I even ate all those veggies on the top!  And, I didn't even mind all that nutritious"ness".  In fact, it was yummy.
Now, for the treats!  I was at Costco in St. George awhile ago and thought I needed a candy bar, well, everyone knows they don't sell individual candy bars at Costco.  Plus, I don't like candy bars, give me a baked treat any day.  Candy bars are usually a little too much for me.  Surprised?  Anyway, I thought this looked pretty good, plus my brain was fried from sitting outside watching baseball games in what seemed 100 degree heat (I think it was 80:)), so I bought an entire box of candy bars I had never tried.  Yep, BIG mistake!  They are delicious!  And, quite nutritious!? Well, as you can see on the box, only 85 calories per bar.  Not bad.  In fact, Sara, who is a nutritionist/dietician was on TV the other day talking about snack bars, she said that if it has at least 5 grams of protein,  3 grams of fiber, and under 200 calories it is a good snack bar.  This had almost as much protein, no fiber, but is way under 200 calories and that is the one I focus on anyway.  So, I say, "Hey, 1 out of 3 ain't bad, eat up!"  (Please no one tell Sara, I am sure she will not like my interpretation.)  And, yes, they are long gone.
I love jellies - the ones you can usually only find only on suckers during the holidays - you know?  Anyway, I found these and they are YUMMY!  Warning:  they will give you a slight stomach ache if you devour an entire box in one sitting.  And the grapefruit are a bit tart.
Chocolate chip cookies are a big favorite of mine, but who has time to make them?  Not me.  So, the reason these are a favorite is because they are Otis Spunkmeyer individually frozen cookies.  They are the best pre-made cookies I have found.  I buy them in bulk from Costco then after the kids have gone to bed, Jared and I pull out 3 each, make them, and eat 'em up!  (No, not every night, I know you were wondering.)
And, finally, something non-food.  My new favorite scent, so light, fresh, summery, mmm.  I got these in the mail without having smelled them before, thinking they would be gross - I don't usually like orange-scented things, I opened them and smelled them.  Since then I have used it everyday.  Definitely worth smelling at least.

So, there you go, be adventurous and try something new! 
 You may just find something to blog about too! :)


2 comments:

  1. I love this blog Janna- the way you write is really fantastic! And I still havent tried the tortillas- going to have to remember to look because that taco looks absolutely delicious! AND- thanks for putting in such an awesome pic of me. I really should get ready more often apparently cause that one.... well... let's just say it's not winning me any boyfriends. ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome fun time you are having. Josie is looking so big and we love to see her in the dance poses. The food looks so fabulous. We love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Followers