Sunday, June 13, 2010

Reminiscing

So I have been thinking - it all started yesterday night, about 11:30, when Jared and I were walking around Wal-mart.  We had to go get lights for the basement, all 8 were burned out, a surge protector because we moved our Mac upstairs and the other computers are still down, a binder for Primary, some pens for my picture a day scrapbook, and some milk (of course, we always need that.)  Anyway, I remembered, when we walked past a large stack of diapers, that the day before I found a really good coupon for Pampers.  I was so excited when I found the coupon - I always loved Pampers for my boys (I still think they hold more in the front area, where boys need it.) :)  Like I was saying, I was excited!  Coupons, I better print one off and go buy some diapers.  Then, I remembered, I don't need diapers.  All 5 of them are potty-trained (and have been for over a year).  Then, I was so so sad.  I just kept thinking that I wished I needed diapers.  So, as Jared and I walked through the store, I was telling him this and he looked at me and said I was crazy.  He asked me if I remembered how much I complained about changing diapers, spending money on diapers, stinky diapers in the house, garage and garbage can.  I told him of course I remembered those things.  I also remembered the cute babies with their sweet looks, darling phrases, innocent, adoring eyes, etc.  And I decided then and there that those diapers were worth it.  Changing those stinky, gross diapers was worth the blessings that come along with those sweet babies.  When I sit here and think about it, I still don't know where the time has gone.  It seems like just yesterday that we had just Jaxon in Salt Lake and we felt like we were so busy.  Ahh, those were the days.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change a minute of it (well, maybe a minute or two :)), I love my busy, hectic life now, watching my kids grow and learn.  They are growing into wonderful, fun, dare I say, tweens!  But, I sure do miss my babies.  :(  So, those of you still in the diaper changing phase, try to enjoy it, just for me, and realize it will be gone before you know it, along with the peaceful baby stage.

Now, the potty-training phase, that is another matter entirely! :)

3 comments:

  1. You have such a fluid way of writing- I always love reading it. And, just so you know, I'm always up for you and Jared having another baby. You'd be doing the world a favor- we need more cute, smart, talented kids hanging around and growing up to run the world in 40 years... :) Oh, I and hereby promise to try to love changing diapers when I have my babies in the next ten years or so- just for you. I may even let you change a couple if you really, really want to. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh!! I wished that I didn't have to buy diapers!!
    Time does fly by too fast and I have to keep reminding myself of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel!! And, I get the same "Are you CRAZY" look from Mike all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Followers