Saturday, January 16, 2010

Universal Studios

Woohoo! I haven't been to U.S. for a long time. The kids had never been here and I thought Jaxon would particularly like it since it has "big-kid" rides. He did enjoy it - a lot. However, we are still true Disney fanatics - it just can't be helped, we are true disney through and through. But, this was a nice change. Jake and Jainie's favorite part was the extremely long escalator that hooked the top and the bottom of the park together. It really was pretty cool.

This pic is when we first got there, these two were the only ones who would get their pics with Curious George. Crazy kids. This is also where we found out that Jainie was going to have nothing to do with the characters. She would scream and jump out of her stroller onto either Jared or I. She is much like a monkey herself with all of jumping on people, so sorry George, you only get two Thalman fans today.
Oh, I love Audrey Hepburn. I have every movie - thanks mom - at least a 1/2 dozen books and just think she is the cutest, sweetest person ever. I can't wait to convert her. :)
Jake was still not interested in getting his picture taken, but in front of the Hollywood sign, who could resist.
Even Jaxon got in this one. I think this is his only character picture this trip, except for his birthday breakfast, he must like Frankenstein. Jainie was still too scared. (He is kind of scary, but kind of cute too?)
Sad to say Jared & I are not quite the ride officienados that we once were. We both took some motion sickness pills, but I took mine before he took his. So, I was fine where he was queasy. When you have older children it is very important to not get sick so someone can go on the ride. However, it was also kind of nice that Jared could stay out with Jake and Jainie. I think this is Jainie when Jaxon, Josie, Joshua, & I were on "The Mummy" ride. She was thrilled to NOT be on it. Plus, Jared obviously bribed her with gum - her favorite treat. (which is evident if you come to our house and see chewed gum in the carpet of every room).
"The Simpsons" was our 2nd ride of the day. Everyone meet the height requirement so we all went. I loved it. It was so great and unexpected. Jaxon, Josie, & Joshua loved it too. Jacob pretended to love it but then wouldn't go on it again. It made Jared sick and Jainie didn't even try to hide her disgust of having to go on this ride. Funny! I hate the Simpsons, I find them vulgar & distasteful, but it was a fun ride. This is Jake when the 4 of us who liked it went a 2nd time.
Aaaahhh downtown LA. Isn't it pretty. It was a beautiful view from Universal. This is from the middle part of the uber-long escalator I mentioned earlier.

All in all a fun day! I enjoyed Universal, I would definitely go again. Jake and Jainie didn't really find too much to do though. So, I would say, mostly for older kids.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers