Thursday, October 6, 2011

Yay! Here we go!

So, I guess it's time to blog about my big news - I am pregnant!  Yay!  I am so excited about it.  In fact, the whole family is.  The kids have all asked me to have another baby numerous times from Jaxon to Jainie.  Some more persistent than others.  I was surprised when Jaxon asked me on the way to school last year, "Mom, I think we need another baby."  He is almost 14.  I think I was so adamant that I wouldn't have another one, that Heavenly Father was thinking, "She is NOT listening, good thing I gave her so many wonderful helpers to nudge her along."  :)  So, yes, each child, in turn has asked when we are having another baby.  And, it has been going on for about 2 years.  So, I guess it is time.

Of course I did try to have a baby earlier.  My miscarriage was last May and it was dreadful, I have never blogged about it and don't plan on it. Not much I want to remember about that.  The main thing I want to remember is that life is precious and so temporary.  Also, that I have new heros - blood donors.  I have always hated giving blood, makes me feel sick for days, but if it makes the difference in someone's life, then I guess I can handle it.  So, I do plan on donating blood in the future.

Anyway, baby #6 is on the way.  We are due in March and super excited about it.  I think it will be a wonderful time of year - plus, right before crazy baseball season starts so I hopefully will get to go out and watch all the kids play ball.  It does seem like a long time away, but I am almost halfway - a couple more weeks.

I would have to say that Jake and Jainie are the most excited right now.  They have told everyone that they see that I will have a baby.  And, Jake knows that we check the computer weekly to find out how big the baby is and what is developing.  And, he can tell you about it.  For example, I am 17 weeks and the baby is about the size of a turnip.  He/she weighs 5 ounces and is about 5 inches long.  And, he/she can move her joints - however, we had an ultrasound at 11 weeks and boy! he/she was moving a lot then.  Legs and arms were kicking and moving like crazy - it was so cute!  Anyway, we are plenty excited about it, let me tell you!  

 To let everyone know that we were expecting again I made this puzzle at Ed. week.  It is not very professional, Jared could have done a much better job if I would have wanted to wait a year or so - but I only had 9 months!  :)  Anyway, the picture above is when we gave it to the kids to figure out.  You can see their puzzlement :).
This is the puzzle - the numbers under the kids stick figure is the age they will be when the baby is born.

 I love Jake's expression - this is really how excited he still is!
This is right after all the kids figured it out - they are really so happy about it - you can't see Josh, obviously, not sure why he was hiding.
And, the beginning of horrible pictures - this is at 16 weeks.  A few weeks after we told the kids about it.  I hid it pretty well for awhile.

So, there you go - this baby will be almost 6 1/2 years after Jainie - that is quite a gap.  Oh well, we do what we can, right?

3 comments:

  1. We are super excited for you! So fun! Excited to see you in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, can't wait to tell you in person - congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies babies babies!!! There aren't enough Oldroyds/Thalmans in this world. Did you have to tell your kids the answer to your riddle-puzzle like you had to tell us?

    ReplyDelete

Followers