Friday, October 28, 2011

At the Moment - Halloween

     I have been so nostalgic today.  It is so strange not having kids at home.  Jainie went to Kindergarten early today because they combine morning and afternoon K for the Halloween parties - why are we having H parties not on Halloween?  Good question; yes, it is ridiculous.  Anyway,  I was thinking about last year when Jainie and I went to watch Jake walk around the school for the parade then into the tabernacle for the program then went to "Big Bun Bakery" to get a steamed milk - mine butterscotch, hers caramel, cinnamon rolls and a couple treats for later on.  Then, we sat there at one of the bistro tables and enjoyed our breakfast.  It really was so pleasant.  It is the little things that I miss the most.  Afterward, we went to help with Jake's class party and just enjoyed the rest of our day.  This year, I have no one to go get a treat with and Big Bun is closed so that is that.  AND, to boot, I have no class party to help with.  I know it shouldn't seem sad but it is just the tiniest bit.  I sign up to help in each of the elementary kids classes once per year.  Josh was Halloween but his teacher decided to just have the parents send things so I sent 25 cupcakes and I am done.  How are my kids growing up so fast?  I know there are perks, lots of them actually, but there are drawbacks too.  I guess we all just have to enjoy where we are and make the best of every moment.  :)



     On a different note, this pregnancy is killing my memory!  Really, it is.  I can't remember one thing from one second to the next.  Josie had her Halloween variety show last night and I forgot all about it.  In fact, she had Activity Days right after school and Jared, Jaxon, and Jake went hunting.  Josh couldn't go because he went on Tuesday and skipped piano so he had to make that up.  Which made him not only miss hunting but his basketball try-outs - it's all about choices and consequences, that is what we are trying to get across to him.  Anyway, Jaxon also had tryouts but a bit later and Josh also had pack meeting.  With everything else, I totally forgot about Josie dancing.  I was in Gwood waiting for Josh to get done, when Josie called me asking me what she should wear for her costume.  (She was supposed to dress as a scarecrow and we didn't ever get anything ready).  I asked her what in the world she was talking about.  She reminded me for the millionth time about her dance and still I drew a blank.  Then, it clicked and I said, "That is tonight!"  So, we hurried home and threw something together and called it good.  While I was at her thing, Jared was running Jaxon around and trying to find Jake a H costume, because although the one we ordered was promised to be delivered yesterday, it wasn't, so he didn't have anything to wear.  (big sigh)  When Josie and I got home at 9:00, everyone was awake running around trying to figure out what to be for Halloween (Josh hadn't decided and doesn't want to dress up at all).  Jake hadn't decided and I got the tiniest bit frustrated :).  Anyway, it all worked out and Jake is a vampire today, Jainie is Belle and Josh is a boring old baseball player - with not even any eye black.  He is such a stinker sometimes.  Hopefully everyone is happy.

Jezlyn, ?, Kandice, Josie, Kenzie, Alexis, Addie, & Audrey

Ashton, Audrey, Caitlyn, Josie, & Kandice
Jake walking around the school - luckily the fangs are knocking out his loose front tooth

Jainie walked way too fast to get a picture so I went to get her after class to snap a picture -
punch stained mouth and everything! :)
   I did get to go to the pumpkin patch this year with Jainie.  It is actually the only year I have ever gone.  My mom has gone with every other child but was too busy with Sara's wedding this year so I got to go with Jainie.  We had a great time, went to McDonald's afterward and then to the hospital to get my blood work done, she thought it was great.  She keeps telling everyone how I didn't even cry.  :)  (Good thing I didn't).

     After choosing her perfect pumpkin - except it was dirty, so she wouldn't put that side near her.  I am not sure how we will carve it because it is so small but we'll see.  Maybe we won't get pumpkins carved this year (fingers crossed).  :)

    Josie and Jaxon don't dress up until the appropriate day - Halloween!!!  Why do some people just want to make my life more difficult by making us dress up for weeks before Halloween.  The funny thing is that then teachers and others complain that the kids can't settle down because they have had too much candy.  Well, gee, maybe you shouldn't celebrate every single day leading up to Halloween!!!  Wow, can you tell that is a hot point for me?  I keep telling Jared the world would run much smoother if I could be in charge of everything.  :) Haha - mostly we wouldn't have to do as much because I would forget about it all.  But, wouldn't we be happy?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't even see either of your kids in the parade this morning. Come to think of it, I didn't see their teachers, either. Could it be I was just looking for my own kids and ignoring everyone else's? Sorry about that. Oh, and pretty tricky of you to get a picture at the pumpkin patch where you're completely hiding your tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I know I saw you guys a week ago but I miss you already. Can I skip school Monday and work Tuesday and trick-or-treat with you guys? I'm boycotting Halloween up here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I wish you could run the world too. I'm tired of making decisions and you'd do a better job anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Followers