Friday, August 5, 2011

The last Disney Post - Boohoo & YEA!!!

     Yes, mixed - because sad to go home and be done with Disney (for awhile) and Yea! so glad I am finally done blogging about this so I can get on with other things.
     This post is simply about the ornaments I mentioned awhile ago - the ones that I picked up from around the world.  And, the ones the kids chose for themselves for their annual Christmas ornament.  We really do need a Disney tree - but it might make our other tree look bare if we took all the Disney off of it.  We didn't even get to decorate with these this year because the kids had to open theirs on Christmas morning.  It was the gift I was most excited to give, even though they had chosen their ornaments, we had left them there so they could paint their names on them, then they mailed them to us so no one had seen them yet.  How exciting!

     So here goes:
This is the one for Jared & I - it's a snow globe with Cinderella's castle inside and says, "Mom & Dad"

Jaxon is baseball, of course.  (You can see the slat holding up our undecorated tree - that's because I tried to do it myself this year, Jared couldn't find the time.  I am not too good at it apparently.  :))

Josie chose this adorable Minnie ballet one

Joshi also wanted baseball - Mickey too!

Jake actually didn't choose his, he was throwing a fit and refused to come into "the dumb store" so I choose it for him.  So glad he loves it.

And, Jainie chose this one because it is a bell and Belle is on it - just like her middle name - Belle.

Also, these ornaments we collected from the rest of the trip.
This is a time turner from Harry Potter World.  Too bad I can't figure out how it actually works - I could use it!

The one we got in Magic Kingdom - we had it engraved as well.

The generic Epcot one - I love it - it has a Mickey head with the flag of each world represented and says "One Mouse One World".

O Canada! A maple leaf in a dream catcher

"Keep Calm & Carry On" from the U.K.

Eiffel Tower from France

This is from Morocco and is a hand - obviously not really a Christmas ornament - I think it is to hang in homes to catch luck or something like that.

Cute little koi from Japan

A traditional American flag with Mickey silhouette from America!  (Yep, Jared was thrilled with the ornament collecting :)).

Beautiful pressed glass candle from Italy

A blown glass partridge from Germany with a real feather tail

A fancy hanging decoration from China we turned into an ornament

A pinecone made from straw from Norway

And, nothing from Mexico - sorry Mexico.  I guess I better just find something that would work.  Anyway, it was a fun little collection and I will enjoy putting it on the tree this year and the family can reminisce about our wonderful vacation.  Ahh - memories!


1 comment:

Followers